Hello Wendoland! I am A fish in the sea, and I am the resident transmogrifying fish in TWP. Here's how you change your nation:

There are issues in the game which appear every 12 hours or so, but you can change that in the settings. Once you get them, you will be presented with a few options. You can also dismiss the issue if none of the options satisfy you. The issue will take effect about 12 hours after you answer the issue. Oh, and keep a lookout for 'Diamonds are an Exbat's Best Friend'. You only get it once, and it leads a chain of issues.

Cheers guys.

Getting the hang of it I think. Just a little unsure on some more complicated things.

One thing I am unsure of is the military aspect of this game. If I get attacked do I have to fight them off by myself or will the West Pacific help defend me?

Individual nations can't attack each other, except in roleplay. So unless you get involved in roleplay you can't be attacked. I'm not much of a roleplayer myself, but if you're interested in it I could at least point you in the right direction.

Groups of nations can attack regions without founders by moving into the regions and taking their WA Delegate positions, which gives them control over the regions. Many regions, including this one, have regional militaries for the purpose of either attacking or defending founderless regions, or both depending on the circumstances. If you're interested in participating in that we can explain more about it!