Extraneous discussion from Dramatic Legal Reform thread

Llamas

I like the above two posts. :D

Let's remember that this is what happened in Lazarus. The NPO's attempt to coup and absorb the region failed because the native population was strongly opposed to it, and instead supported the Lazarene Underground State, which is now the ruling government of the region. :)

I like the above two posts. :D

Let's remember that this is what happened in Lazarus. The NPO's attempt to coup and absorb the region failed because the native population was strongly opposed to it, and instead supported the Lazarene Underground State, which is now the ruling government of the region. :)

Interesting.  

While I do not wish to dwell on this subject, as it has absolutely no bearing on what we do here in TWP, I thought the issue in Lazarus was that the Delegate decided to support the underground.  The population of the region (as a whole) really had absolutely nothing to do with that outside of the endorsements, which the Delegate held prior to his switch in loyalties.

So no, I do not believe any sort of correlation exists between the posts above and your point.  

Interesting.  

While I do not wish to dwell on this subject, as it has absolutely no bearing on what we do here in TWP, I thought the issue in Lazarus was that the Delegate decided to support the underground.  The population of the region (as a whole) really had absolutely nothing to do with that outside of the endorsements, which the Delegate held prior to his switch in loyalties.

So no, I do not believe any sort of correlation exists between the posts above and your point.  

Ah, Vlagh, but it has everything to do with the two above posts. ;) The PRL was successful where the NLO was not because the NLO failed to maintain the people's support. Perhaps the NPO's support managed to keep the Delegate at an equivalent endorsement count as before, but if the population hadn't unendorsed Stujenske and supported the liberation movement en masse, his count would have gone way up and any attempts to dislodge him could have been successful. It would have failed, quite simply put.

Ah, Vlagh, but it has everything to do with the two above posts. ;) The PRL was successful where the NLO was not because the NLO failed to maintain the people's support. Perhaps the NPO's support managed to keep the Delegate at an equivalent endorsement count as before, but if the population hadn't unendorsed Stujenske and supported the liberation movement en masse, his count would have gone way up and any attempts to dislodge him could have been successful. It would have failed, quite simply put.

As I said, I disagree.  Speculating on whether or not a sitting Delegate would have lost endorsements is all well and good after the fact, but as one that has held close association with beleaguered Delegate nations in the past, I can safely say that such speculation is often in error.

That said, unless you are supporting the idea of an unendorsement campaign within TWP, I still fail to see your point.

As far as I understood, the NATIVE population of Lazarus who was endorsing both the delegate Stu and the "liberator" were the same, and only after the "liberator" show his true colors, a myriad of foreign nations from the "liberation army" went in and increased his endorsement count. This is DESCRIPTIVE, and I'm not implying anything regarding judgement, but description wise, this hardly applies to "loosing the natives support en masse"

However, as Vlagh says, this is pure speculation on your argument, man, and it harbors in the realms of speculative propaganda, plus it has nothing to do with the TWP forum government creation, or it shouldn't.

Two things are certain though:

1.) Regardless of the relevance of the events in Lazarus, Kazmr's infiltration of The NPO was not the sole cause of the coup failing. Without the support of the native community, The NPO could not have been removed from power. Of all people, I should no. I was one of several people that continuously spoke with fellow Lazarene natives, keeping them informed of what the intentions of The NPO and The People's Republic of Lazarus were. The NPO failed because they did not seek the support of the native community. Instead they absolutely refused to address them, only occasionally posting on the RMB either to say "The rebellion is lying, we're what's best for Lazarus." or "Hi. What's up?"

2.) The events of Lazarus, while they can be referenced with regards to this in very few ways, cannot be fully applied to the entirety of the events here in TWP. I suggest we remain focused on TWP.

This is a formal request to whomever has mod powers here (Vlagh?) to pull out chatter about Laz and TSP and TNP where possible in all these threads, wherever practical.

Just dump them all into a separate thread someplace.

Moving forward, can we please keep that stuff in the General Discussion area?

This is a formal request to whomever has mod powers here (Vlagh?) to pull out chatter about Laz and TSP and TNP where possible in all these threads, wherever practical.

Just dump them all into a separate thread someplace.

Moving forward, can we please keep that stuff in the General Discussion area?

Probably a good idea. Anyways, my draft is about 75% done ATM. :D