On Lazarus: The discomfort factor

Darkesia

Political blunders have repercussions within a meritocratic society.

I really do miss the days when players like this actually played the game.

...Anyway, I thought AMOM was in the Pacific Senate at the time he made his statement. I'm old and don't pay as much attention as I used to, but wasn't he in the Senate at that time?

I really do miss the days when players like this actually played the game.

...Anyway, I thought AMOM was in the Pacific Senate at the time he made his statement. I'm old and don't pay as much attention as I used to, but wasn't he in the Senate at that time?

No, he was not.  He was never reinstated and his statement regarding this was a lie.

Also, at least one such player has decided to take up an active role again.

It is curious that only since Lazarus has fallen this comes out about AMOM not being a Senator. 

If this had come out when AMOM made his announcement, there'd probably be a little more credibility to this.

This... Changes quite a bit.

he wasn't in the WFE was he?

No, but he was mentioned in a dispatch by Feux (Who was both a Senator and the Regent at the time) as being a Senator.

Unfortunately, I can not speak to that. I was personally on LOA for this entire event and upon my return my associate in The Pacific seems to have immediately begun addressing this issue in Gameplay. It would appear that Feux made some private deal with AMOM about NPO reinstatement which didn't pan out and resulted instead with a senate appointment in the NLO.

What I can say definitively, based on my own sources and investigation, is that regardless of AMOM's post, and any dispatch (which I have yet to see), AMOM was not ever reinstated into the Pacific Senate for any moment. He never had access to anything relating to NPO government.

As to why this was not addressed, from what I can tell certain parties were contacted privately to disavow this position. But, it seems that the NPO's primary diplomat resigned in protest and the secondary person for that role was busy in Lazarus. If you couple that with the apparent lack of communication internally that seems to have occurred between what the NLO was planning and what was shared with the NPO you get a nice big clusterf*ck such as we have seen here.