Democratic Union Party of The West Pacific

Cormac

Institutionalized rudeness, in its various forms and levels, is actually a basic instinct in mankind.  But it is supposed to be a fundamental function of a society to try and keep nature's natural state in check :) lol

I.. I'm not sure whether you were refuting or agreeing with me.

Wow, lots happening here since my post. I appreciate the welcome back messages and being given another chance.

In regard to the Guardians, I hope people won't paint all of the Guardians with the same broad brush because of Eli's tone toward me. Eli is like this with almost everyone and has been for years, at least since I started playing in 2012, but probably longer than that. Darkesia was (is?) a Guardian before becoming Delegate and if not for her being friendly and civil toward me and challenging me to come back and invest more, I wouldn't have come back at all. So, among the Guardians, as with most groups, you have diversity of backgrounds, opinions, attitudes, etc. The words and actions of one shouldn't be taken to represent all of them. When they're speaking as a group instead of as individuals, which I don't think happens very often, I'm sure they'll let us know.

For what it's worth, I don't feel bullied. But if some of the rhetoric is getting to newer players who aren't used to the sometimes contentious tone of NationStates politics, I would encourage everyone to take a breather. I doubt anyone wants to alienate newer players.

URAP: I can see you how this must be hard for players who are not used to hardpolitiks or realpolitiks in the game - or who don't Like them.

From an outside(ish) prospective, this is fairly soft politics. It's the old farts vs the newbies, nothing strange there. Serious NS politics is when you have two groups of oldies going against each other. Its last player standing in a massive baity flame war.....and thats the good outcome :P

Cormac, I actually have got a lot of time for you. I admire your passion for things, I think you've done a really good job with Miniluv Messenger and you've written some shit-hot resolutions in the WA.

I think sometimes that your passion blinkers you to the ways and cultures of others, much the same way that I think the NPO is blinkered.

That said I'm happy to welcome you back because I think you have talents this region could use.

Actually, if I'm going to work on getting to know the culture of TWP, I think it would be better to do that without also administering a party that is suggesting completely upending the culture.

So I don't think the party will be accepting new applicants at this time.

Thank you for the welcome back, BBD.