Response to the Lazarene Autocoup

Llamas

I must respond to this QotD, because it is incredibly important to TWP, but it seems that a lot of people here don't realize it. I also need to respond on the forums; most messages on the RMB are rapidly lost, and this is something that is important.

The thing is, the current situation in Lazarus is likely to have a powerful effect on the upcoming elections for Prime Minister. While some people here might not know it, the founder of the People's Republic of Lazarus is none but our very own Pestarzt, then known as Milograd.

Pestarzt was certainly the most important figure in the PRL. He arrived in a region which was backwards and inactive, finding a failed state that consisted of an absolute monarchy with no respect for the people's will and wishes. And then he took it and completely turned it around: So much so, in fact, that it became a failed state consisting of an absolute dictatorship with no respect for the people's will and wishes, which quickly sunk into inactivity after he abruptly resigned and stopped caring about the region.

The thing is, Milograd had the chance to completely reinvent Lazarus, to give the people a real voice in it and make it into a thriving democracy among the mostly-inactive sinkers. But he didn't. Instead, he opted to build a totalitarian dictatorship, and created a culture that was toxic and unresponsive to change. All of that culminated in what is happening right now. A single individual in Lazarus, a former delegate named Funkadelia, criticized... the flag. He pointed out a minor mistake, that the laws of the region said that the flag should technically be a different one from what it is now. In response, Stujenske, current delegate of Lazarus, banned Funkadelia from the region. Naturally, most Lazarenes were quite pissed off. Quickly, Stujenske decided to unilaterally dissolve the constitution, suspend all civil liberties, and banned everybody who disagreed with him.

This is the region that Pestarzt created. This is the culture he built; one with no powers to balance those of the Chairman, one that was a ticking time bomb just waiting for a power-hungry delegate to destroy what little respect for individual rights remained.

If this is what you support, go ahead, vote for Pestarzt. Cast a vote for another dictatorship. It's very likely to fail, just like Lazarus has over the past few days, and it's certain to decline very quickly as soon as he gets bored of putting effort into this region, the way he got bored of Lazarus. Make your decision, and let's see which side of the fence you lie on.

Nice attack ad, but Milograd was succeeded by Kazmr, and the People's Congress existed throughout those Chairmanships for us to bring democracy, especially since both of them were elected. We just tried it too late. I wouldn't pin this on Pestarzt at all, but rather on our collective failure to act before Funkadelia was in power. And to be honest we really could have gone about it more openly.

Anyway, as a Lazarene (I still consider myself one [exiled, of course]), I can't believe Stujenske did this, and I hope it ends soon. But don't use this for the purpose of digging into your opponent.