Where Next

Pestarzt

o/

I'm pleased to say that I believe I will be able to be regularly active here again.

To begin, I want to have a discussion on where we are now, and what goals we, as a community, would like to pursue. What's on everyone's mind?

Afterwards, we can discuss how each of us can help us get there. But what we want is first.

Personally, I want to see TWPAF continue to advance itself. I think it's the fundamental piece in Gameplay region's puzzles. 

While I see how you would like to start from the military of TWP, I think one of the main things we also need to consider and out our efforts towards to, is the creation and regulation of an active community driven government for the region. There are currently certain proposals that have been discussed or are being discussed, and that still need some refinement.

We also need to try to engage people into those government / cabinet roles that we will create, and make them understand that the region will go where we want to lead it to!

While I see how you would like to start from the military of TWP, I think one of the main things we also need to consider and out our efforts towards to, is the creation and regulation of an active community driven government for the region. There are currently certain proposals that have been discussed or are being discussed, and that still need some refinement.

We also need to try to engage people into those government / cabinet roles that we will create, and make them understand that the region will go where we want to lead it to!

And that is the question is it not - what is the vision of where we take TWP

What are our prime objectives?

It is all very well to sat something along the lines of we want to be the best region but that is rather a nebulous concept - best at what?#

What does being the best look like?

Is it an active Proposal drafting community, a powerful WA lobby, a busy Roleplay environment, a prolific R/D component?

I'm actually being serious, though. I think, to some extent, we're naturally fitted to be the Devil's Advocate to the status quo in the GCR's, which is an dormant opportunity waiting for us to capitalize on it.

For all intents and purposes, I intend to see to it that it materializes into something.

People stick around in the feeders that actively pursue an agenda in the world's politics and offer them a place in contributing to that front. The question is more what our agenda would be - influence is the obvious aim, but where we choose to focus our energy to achieve it is the question I'm asking. Specialization, or having a "hook", is the first thing needed to make a community stand out above the rest. For a long time, TEP had its RP community as a hook. The Pacific's hook was its constant role at the heart of Gameplay's major conflicts. Et cetera.

I think our philosophy provides a foundation for that, and that the prominence of TWP is only awaiting a proactive, government-and-citizen driven expansion of its consequences.

How do you all think we can translate our unique philosophy into a tangible, hook-like activity both internally and externally?

No excuses. no apologies

An assertive campaign to liberate permanently regions being dominated by raider, defender, Francoist and imperialist elements.

Exporting TWP Liberty to the oppressed, the disenfranchised, the abandoned

Welcoming the outcast with no prejudice as long as they give their fealty to TWP

^ I cannot possibly fathom how such a hardliner stance will gain any reputability nor benefit for TWP. What TWP and TWPAF needs to do is take a stance on neutrality, to allow for cooperation between the raiding and defending community with a singular interest in mind; TWP itself.

The only reason I actually take the time to join and become active in GCR's is because it may be the only time I can break away from my social norm of being a raider, and I can collaborate with bright minds on the opposition, because we have an outlying goal in mind. What TWPAF needs to do is allow itself to become a facilitator for unilateral cooperation between all gameplay alignments.

I will admit that I am glad to see that TWPAF has reorganized itself. While I am not as glad to see that TWPAF has fallen into certain hands, I will set aside my prejudice as I have a genuine interest in improving TWP and TWPAF, and that should be your outlook as well. 

No excuses. no apologies

An assertive campaign to liberate permanently regions being dominated by raider, defender, Francoist and imperialist elements.

Exporting TWP Liberty to the oppressed, the disenfranchised, the abandoned

Welcoming the outcast with no prejudice as long as they give their fealty to TWP

I am fairly certain the ruling parties in TWP are not anti-Francoist.

Also, aren't you campaigning for action against some of our allies?

I am fairly certain the ruling parties in TWP are not anti-Francoist.

Also, aren't you campaigning for action against some of our allies?

The man just spoke for me... But you are basically advocating against ALL of TWP allies, as I think ALL of them identify themselves as one of those or other...

^ I cannot possibly fathom how such a hardliner stance will gain any reputability nor benefit for TWP. What TWP and TWPAF needs to do is take a stance on neutrality, to allow for cooperation between the raiding and defending community with a singular interest in mind; TWP itself.

The only reason I actually take the time to join and become active in GCR's is because it may be the only time I can break away from my social norm of being a raider, and I can collaborate with bright minds on the opposition, because we have an outlying goal in mind. What TWPAF needs to do is allow itself to become a facilitator for unilateral cooperation between all gameplay alignments.

I will admit that I am glad to see that TWPAF has reorganized itself. While I am not as glad to see that TWPAF has fallen into certain hands, I will set aside my prejudice as I have a genuine interest in improving TWP and TWPAF, and that should be your outlook as well. 

It is

Unfortunately pandering to the whims of our allies has not bought us success or respect in the field.

Acting as lapdogs to the existing power complex will never allow TWP to establish itself, and hesitating to take action that benefits us because it may offend the sensibilities of our allies is hardly the way for a dynamic energetic region to behave

In the past I have also proposed the natural extension of Francoism, namely to ensure that THIS particular  GCR is not seen as an easy touch for any UCR that fancies its chances.

The label you choose, the cause you promote is irrelevant - what matters is serving notice to those that do not want to build TWP that any attempt to thwart our ambitions will not succeed.

If effort was concentrated on TWP rather than spreading ourselves thin through dalliances in multiple other regions then we might just achieve something unique and different

In the TWP we have a region capable of leading the way in NS, It is not acceptable to fritter that potential away by merely tinkering at the edges

I just want to remind other people that this is an open discussion and I invite new nations to participate. It doesn't need to be just me and Frat.

Sorry about that, I had a lot of stuff on my plate for the past week. And now, I HAVE RETURNED!

But now, here's what we need to do, ASAP: Set realistic, short- and medium-term goals that we can effectively strive for. Sure, talking about what we want TWP to be in the future, about what our identity as a region is, all of that stuff – It's great, and I don't want to discourage it. But the problem is that we can't reach these without setting effective milestones that we can judge our progress by. That's part of why we need a functioning executive branch soon, as they can set goals and find ways to promote activity.

Goals:

1. Foreign updates. Once a month. See the FA area right now. GE's position can go to crap for all I care, he's AWOL.
  2. Military missions. At least one per week. With public notifications on the RMB and here when we finish them.
  3. Government-organized cultural activities. At least one per week or two. Regular government-created discussions meant to appease the industrial working class entertain people and promote forum activity.

A simple start. Then we can talk about more complex things like The West Pacific Post and world domination.  :popcorn:

The next step is taking that activity and tuning it to fit a greater direction. Making the military missions match an overall game plan, making the updates and media shine a particular light, etc. We're clearly inspired for that step, but twiddling our thumbs to start is a problem.

Which are you going to oversee, and how are you going to invest your effort into it? I'm covering updates right now and will see if I can do those discussions/cultural things in between updates.

Goals:

1. Foreign updates. Once a month. See the FA area right now. GE's position can go to crap for all I care, he's AWOL.
  2. Military missions. At least one per week. With public notifications on the RMB and here when we finish them.
  3. Government-organized cultural activities. At least one per week or two. Regular government-created discussions meant to appease the industrial working class entertain people and promote forum activity.

A simple start. Then we can talk about more complex things like The West Pacific Post and world domination.  :popcorn:

The next step is taking that activity and tuning it to fit a greater direction. Making the military missions match an overall game plan, making the updates and media shine a particular light, etc. We're clearly inspired for that step, but twiddling our thumbs to start is a problem.

Which are you going to oversee, and how are you going to invest your effort into it? I'm covering updates right now and will see if I can do those discussions/cultural things in between updates.

This is pretty good. My recommendation is we begin we start with something that should not be too complicated: A MT RPed war on our forums. Does anybody else here have RP experience?

I just want to remind other people that this is an open discussion and I invite new nations to participate. It doesn't need to be just me and Frat.

Well, no its also llamas. Im watching from the side lines and learning experience on how to argue.