Scotland Liberated! Revolutionary Forces Successful! [TWPP #5]

Llamas

7 FEBRUARY 2015

EE8dbVz.png
Scotland Liberated! Revolutionary Forces Successful!

LAST NIGHT, the West Pacific did something way more badass than taking Cascadia. The West Pacific Battle Division, for the first time in... I actually have no idea how long it's been since we participated in a liberation. What has it been like, a bajillion years? Eh, who cares.

The important thing is that in conjunction with other forces, including the RRA and EPSA, we liberated Scotland!

The credit for this must at least in part go to our allies. It was Guy of the RRA who successfully placed a trigger with such accuracy that we managed to land in the region only a few seconds before update, completely removing any possibility of response by the occupying forces. However, because this is the West Pacific Post, after all, I'd like to talk about what this means for our region and military.

First, something that I need to note: We're doing more of this stuff! There's lots of reasons why I see liberations being an increasingly important part of the WPAF in the future. In case you guys didn't notice, liberating other regions is fun! The troops and I got a definite kick out of doing it. It promotes activity, and gives our men something nice to do. Plus, the working relations which we cemented with various other defender militaries will be crucial in the future should we ever need to cooperate. do note that this doesn't mean we'll now be adhering to a rigid doctrine of defenderism ourselves; I'm very proud to still consider myself to be an independent, and I look forward to the possibility of doing at least some raids in the future. (In fact, right after the liberation, I talked to the delegate we'd just deposed, Vac, and offered him the chance to participate in a tag raid. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to get it organized and done.) But ignoring an entire half of the R/D game, as we have in the past, just isn't a viable option for any military that wants to remain strong, active, and respected on the international stage for a long period of time.

But wait, there's more! We gots experiences! This was the Battle Division's first operation with me as Warlord, and getting to know many of my troops better while teaching them more about how to participate was an enjoyable and educational experience for all of us. I look forward to doing this again in the future and building a stronger bond with this increasingly disciplined fighting force capable of more and more each day.

Then there's another thing: The Revolutionary Party and TWP as a whole are getting some good publicity from it. Which, obviously, is working, because you're reading this! But seriously, the fact that we participated in the liberation of Scotland serves to note to the rest of the world that we're capable of doing things. We don't want to be that little baby army that hardly matters because it's inactive, and this signals to the entirety of NS that we are capable of doing just as much as any other GCR's military.

Finally, I'd like to note that soon, our liberation of Scotland will be publicly filed on our forums using a new archives system. This will allow for us to learn from past operations to improve the military, and there's the added bonus of greater transparency that having these documents will create. Now any Citizen of TWP will be able to see what their army has done in the past by checking the forums, allowing them to make more informed decisions about how to vote and what they think about our current military policies. (However, some archives will have to be kept confidential for security purposes, unfortunately.)

All in all, it's an exciting time for the WPAF. There's a lot of changes coming, and I see our military activity radically increasing in the near future. I'm sure you'll all expect more from the Battle Division in the future; after all, I'm expecting more of it myself.