Religious Tolerance and Scientology

Pestarzt

No. At that point, I believe it should've been classified as a terrorist organization. That's what people usually do when a militant organization breaks into and destroys government property. Plus, they've purposely tried to get people who criticize them thrown in jail. If they want religious tolerance, they're going to have to extend it to others themselves. Let's also not forget that Hubbard, founder of Scientology, actually said that those who criticize Scientology and are declared Fair Game "May be deprived of property or injured by any means...May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

This isn't just a terrorist organization, this an entire cult right here, we need an entire nother waco siege. Members shouldn't be forced to do labor or be hounded back in when they try to leave.

We don't need it; nobody ever needs a violent response to a cult. But I note that should the Scientologist leadership try to break the law, then using whatever means are necessary to bring them to justice should be employed.

My recommendation would be to attempt a concerted and publicly-funded anti-Scientologist ad campaign carried out on a state-by-state basis to stop its spread and let it die a quiet death over time as it becomes smaller and smaller, rather than trying a violent confrontation which is unlikely to actually work in convincing the majority of its membership to leave and will only radicalize them.

They're not forced to become Scientologist in the first place.

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to; can you clear that up?

I just have little sympathy for people that put themselves in that situation.

Let's say that we were to completely lack any kindness for these people and decide they don't matter. The thing is that even then they will manage to hurt others. I mean, just look at the examples I gave. Or, look at this for examples of Scientology hurting not only its converts but also those who are not Scientologists and those who were indoctrinated in and raised to believe the teachings by their parents.