Spiritus

Westwind

• 1 month later...

spiritus__288776.png
Spiritus Foreign Dispatch

Introductory EditionThe Spiritus Government
President: Tim Locksley-Stark (The Spirit)
Vice President: Cormac Stark
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: The Salaxalans
Ministers of Foreign Affairs: Tim Locksley-Stark and Cormac Stark
Minister of Internal Affairs: Typhlochactas
Minister of Culture: DrWorld (Sorenian)

Look Ma! We're a Region!
3328530218_XQ9R1028_xlarge.jpeg

Yes, Spiritus is most definitely a region! More than a year old, and somehow still around, Spiritus has been a booming hub of prosperity. Breaking 400 Nations, 90 Endorsements, and currently residing in the Top 30 Largest Regions of Nationstates, it's becoming quite a powerhouse in the world. Elections having passed for the Executive Offices, and now going for the Legislative Offices, the Government is slowly but surely coming into its Final Formation. We hope you'll keep watching for more development from this little place that the Citizens of Spiritus call home.

Yours,
Tim Locksley-Stark
Spiritus President.

Elections! Elections! Elections!
ballot-box.jpg

Yes, there have been elections! Firstly, and probably most importantly, Spiritus elected a President and a Vice President! Running in the election were the teams of Tim/Cormac and Salaxalans/DrWorld. Tim and Cormac being the Co-Founders, while Salaxalans and Dr World being the competitive "Underdog" Team. Both Salaxalans and DrWorld were longstanding natives of Spiritus, and Salaxalans was/is the World Assembly Delegate!

After the initial campaigning between the two candidate teams, a surprisingly close Election happened. The Final Vote Tally was as follows.

Tim/Cormac: 7 Votes
Salaxalans/DrWorld: 4 Votes
Abstain: 4 Votes
Invalid Vote: 1

President Tim quickly announced his new Cabinet and went straight into what looks like the start of a successful 4 Month Term!

Also, Happening now, are the long awaited Regional Assembly elections. With Seven Seats to fill, who will step up to work within the Legislative Branch of the Spiritus Government. All shall soon be revealed.

*gasp* A Military?
apache-background-2-793394.jpg

Indeed. The Drums of War and the Pounding of Boots is not simply your imagination. With the creation of the Spiritus Defense Force, Spiritus is finally Mobilizing to do stuff within the Military Segment of Gameplay!

The Spiritus Defense Force was mobilized as a Defender Army, although it shall be casting its Defender beliefs aside for Warzones and for the more despised folks within Nationstates. Specifically, in this case, Nazis. The President was quoted saying, regarding the Anti-Nazi Policy that,

"These bastards simply shouldn't be here. Nazis, and similar hate groups, should not have a place on a site like Nationstates and we will work together with others to make sure that they do not feel welcome here."

Expect some intense Military stuff from the SDF. Coming to a Warzone near you.

In Other News

Various Other News of Cool Importances

•  
  • The Second Constitutional Convention went off without any disturbances, and the Constitutional Omnibus passed with massive support.
  • Recently, Ministers of Foreign Affairs Cormac and Tim, attended the UCR Conference in Europeia on the new Telegram System. This conference was specifically based around the recent legalization of UCR Recruitment and a Mutual Treaty stating that Signatories won't recruit from each other. Both Ministers plan to have this treaty placed before the Regional Assembly, when it is finalized and ready.

Thanks For Reading

• 1 month later...

spiritus__288776.png

Statement from the Government of Spiritus

On the Coup in The West Pacific

During minor update this afternoon, the legitimate Government of The West Pacific was overthrown in a coup perpetrated by a rogue regime led by former Guardian Wickedly Evil People. Having recently established diplomatic relations with The West Pacific, the Government of Spiritus is compelled to respond.

The Government of Spiritus unequivocally condemns the overthrow of the legitimate Government of The West Pacific. We continue to recognize the legitimate Government as the sole legitimate governing authority of and over The West Pacific. We do not in any way acknowledge the legitimacy of Wickedly Evil People or his regime. We stand ready to assist the legitimate Government of The West Pacific in any way that we can and to defend the right of The West Pacific's natives to self-determination in the face of the tyrannical coup perpetrated by Wickedly Evil People, his regime, and the outside forces who assisted in the coup including but not necessarily limited to the region Gatesville.

Following the coup, Acting President Cormac Locksley-Stark signed Executive Order 001. This executive order legally formalizes our Government's continued recognition of the legitimate Government of The West Pacific and refusal to recognize the rogue regime of Wickedly Evil People. EO001 mandates the closure of in-game embassies between Spiritus and The West Pacific until such a time as the legitimate Government of The West Pacific is reinstated. The executive order, the first in Spiritus' history, authorizes the Spiritus Defense Force to use any and all necessary force and to collaborate with any region or organization in order to liberate The West Pacific from the rogue regime. Finally, EO001 makes Spiritus available as a temporary home and base of operations to the legitimate Government of The West Pacific and any refugees that may be purged from The West Pacific by the rogue regime.

The Government of Spiritus stands with the legitimate Government of The West Pacific and the natives of The West Pacific during this difficult time. The West Pacific will be liberated, the perpetrators of this coup and the outside forces who assisted them will be brought to justice, and Spiritus will work with the Government of The West Pacific and any region or organization so committed to ensure that the right of The West Pacific's natives to self-determination is restored.

Cormac Locksley-Stark

Acting President of Spiritus

It wouldn't be appropriate for me to engage in a public debate over this matter in our embassy. The statement has been posted in our embassy to notify the legitimate Government of The West Pacific and regional natives of our support, and we will be happy to correspond with members of the legitimate Government privately should they wish to discuss our statement or any other matter.

As usual, The Poo Dynasty only appears when he sees an opportunity to play with an 'evil' government or authority.  He has been completely inactive in TWP otherwise, so he has no knowledge of the state of the TWP government prior to the change in the Delegacy.

The Provisional Government of The West Pacific appreciates the support of Spiritus in these uncertain times, and sends our heartfelt thanks to you.  The governance of The West Pacific however is not dependent upon who sits in the Delegate's seat.  While WECA and their supporters pledge their support to one another, The Provisional Government will continue it's operations here in our home on The West Pacific forum.  And we hope to soon have a new update to deliver to our Embassies across NationStates.

They are just lucky Yy isn't still delegate.  He refused to open off site embassies unless they held an in-game embassy. 

I got put on double seecrit probation for opening embassies on the forum without checking the game first. 

It's good for them that Eli is more benevolent than Yy and allows the off-site community do as it pleases.

They are just lucky Yy isn't still delegate.  He refused to open off site embassies unless they held an in-game embassy. 

I got put on double seecrit probation for opening embassies on the forum without checking the game first. 

I grant that was a surprise change of policy.  I was just as likely to have been caught on that point as Dark, as I was as unaware of the change in policy as the rest of the Guardians.

I noticed their statement when I saw that they were closing their Embassy in game. I had never heard of them before and will treat their announcement with the same amount of caring that I undertook when not knowing who they were.

We can leave it open we can close it if you wish, Yy4u abandoned the Delegate's seat by renouncing WA membership, there was no coup, anyone that says different needs to share what ever it is they're smoking because I am obviously getting my stash from the wrong source.

I don't care what we do here, do we have an Ambassador to them? If so I would be interested in learning their name so we might clear up the disinformation being spread by Unintelligent Hollograms.

Thank You

Eli

I apologize (US spelling)

There was no coup, Yy4u renounced WA membership and Wickedly evil people had the most endorsements when the next update occurred. Quite simple how the game mechanics work, if you have the most endorsements then you are Delegate.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Spirtus asks for full support from TWP in the general secretary race, and to vote for The Salaxalans!!!! We would greatly appreciate it, and would strengthen relations. Every vote counts, and you get a potato!!!

Hey Blitze,

As you noticed, we just went a little random on how we supported the people we supported. We hope you don't take this as a slight to your regions, but we were just having some fun out of the April Fools event.