The Revolution's Roadmap

Pestarzt

The Revolution's journey follows this logical path:

1. Darkesia has, per the "So you want to be delegate?" contest, suggested that the next delegate is up for grabs via appointment.
  2. Darkesia has affirmed the Revolution's belief that proactivity is central to the health of the region.
  3. The Delegacy is appointed, not elected.
  4. To assume the Delegacy, the Revolution must earn appointment.
  5. To do this, the Revolution's members will showcase their proactivity through labor and revitalizing as many aspects of the region as possible.
  6. Each category of activity will hopefully fall under the influence of the Revolutionary Party.
  7. The Revolutionary Party will seek to become a powerhouse within the Sacred Order's forum government before achieving in-game power via the delegacy. Section by section of the Order government/forum society will become led by Revolutionary Party members.
  8. When the time comes for Darkesia to step down, the Revolution will, if all goes well, be the clear and undisputed root of The West Pacific's future. The Revolution will assimilate or stomp out all competitors.
  9. When the Revolution holds the delegacy, it will continue its proactive ambition, now having maximized efficiency by claiming the ultimate source of regional power. The attainment of the delegacy by a non-Guardian will mark the success of the residentry's revolution against their own complacency.

I would like to question the fact that the regional military is red, as I am part of TWPAF, but not the revolutionary party.

I am a member of the Revolutionary Party and share the highest active rank in TWPAF outside of the delegate.

The Revolutionary Party does not "own" TWPAF, but it has significant sway in its activities and development by proxy of Pestarzt. TWPAF is subordinate to the will of the delegate, ultimately, however, and the Party respects that.

I am a member of the Revolutionary Party and share the highest active rank in TWPAF outside of the delegate.

The Revolutionary Party does not "own" TWPAF, but it has significant sway in its activities and development by proxy of Pestarzt. TWPAF is subordinate to the will of the delegate, ultimately, however, and the Party respects that.

The Reef Hounds are not part of the Revolutionary Party, and give notice that item 8 of its manifesto is highly objectionable:

"When the time comes for Darkesia to step down, the Revolution will, if all goes well, be the clear and undisputed root of The West Pacific's future. The Revolution will assimilate or stomp out all competitors."

I think is a bit disrespectful from you to "Claim" parts of TWP in that way... And I am using the "bit" politely here...

I disagree. If it were true and I didn't say it, I wouldn't be impolite.

Respect is earned through merit. A media operation that hasn't been touched in years and an army in the shape of TWPAF (with respect to Frat, who has, alone, proactively ensured TWPAF's continued existence to this point). What he is doing is not a one man job, however.

You're entitled to your opinion, and you can oppose the Revolution by denying it opportunities to expand. That is done by being proactive and innovative.

The Revolution is a sweeping ultimatum: if nations chose not to seize the opportunity to be proactive, we will do it in their place. There are two logical ends. If we fail to take power, it will be done in a way that achieves our goal: a more vibrant TWP. Regardless if we run it. If we do take power, that same result is achieved.

The Reef Hounds are not part of the Revolutionary Party, and give notice that item 8 of its manifesto is highly objectionable:

"When the time comes for Darkesia to step down, the Revolution will, if all goes well, be the clear and undisputed root of The West Pacific's future. The Revolution will assimilate or stomp out all competitors."

I'm afraid I am not quite sure where the Reef Hounds fall within the framework of the government. Are "Reef Hounds" and "TWPAF" interchangeable?

And you are still wrong tho. I've told uou so in the past my friend: while you are capable and intelligent, your sin is being too full of yourself. If your media is just active because of the revolution, then is not really TWP that wins, is fake allegiance if at all. I'm not opposing your so called revolution, Milograd, but if would be respectful if you stop pretending to manipulate your followers my friend: I'm totally 100% ok with your aim for power, is honest and I love that. But making use of a made up "revolutionary" theme that you have admittedly use to further your own personal agenda is a little questionable. The Revolution, were it really TWP centered, will claim the victory and the departments in name of twp, not in the name of its own victories.

Don't get me wrong, what you are soing is great, how you are using people may not be

(SPELLING ISSUES DUE TO TYPING FROM MY mobile while on the bus)

That's quite simple and semantic.

It seems as if everything is either simplistic or semantic if it does not concur with your future plans. Your 'revolution' is, by my interpretation of that phrase, hardly gaining the momentum usually associated with its usual definition.  You appear to be in as much danger of alienating those you wish to embrace as those you wish to push aside and "assimilate or stomp out".  

Being less aggressive and more tolerant might provide you with more than the meagre following for your Revolution which you have garnished to date.  TWP is not reknowned for its rapid response to change and I would respectfully suggest that a more 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' approach would serve your cause rather better.  Your enthusiasm and vigour in trying to implement the sorely needed rejuvination of TWP life and TWPAF are wonderful, and I personally appreciate and admire your efforts.  I do not want you to think of me as being overly negative, but my suggestion is, please tread more lightly.

I to agree with Elegarth, Fratellnoir and Mediobogdum.

I'm not sure if this is the absolute best for TWP. So far, from what I have seen, it's either your part of the revolution or your not, where would the people who arn't part of it be? And not to be accusing or anything, but this seems like a personal grab at power honestly. "When the Revolution holds the delegacy, it will continue its proactive ambition" What exactly is that ambition?

That ambition is activity and innovation.

Medio, you say that TWP is not known for its rapid response to change. That's not okay - we're inactive. I'm changing that - you're all responding rapidly right now, and have a very simple choice to make. The Revolution is more complex than getting a bunch of people to put on lapel pins and throw themselves under a banner. The idea that the Revolution ruling TWP is what will happen if the citizenry of TWP doesn't mobilize and proactively contest it, fight it, and become better as players, is the result of its true goal - a more vibrant TWP.

And if the Revolution does take power, it will naturally be a lot more popular with that legitimacy versus being on its current track of upward resistance. That's how these things work.

The Revolution is more complex than getting a bunch of people to put on lapel pins and throw themselves under a banner. The idea that the Revolution ruling TWP is what will happen if the citizenry of TWP doesn't mobilize and proactively contest it, fight it, and become better as players, is the result of its true goal - a more vibrant TWP.

This could be somehow valid, yet what the revolution has done is just get a bunch of people to put on label pins and throw themselves under a banner...

If the real goal of the Revolution is activity and innovation, then perhaps the open delegate-hunting speech needs to be moved out of it. If it doesn't, then just be honest and say the goal is the Delegacy. I'm 100% certain you'd be a great delegate, but again, I would like to see this done honestly.

In the Random Case Scenario that when current Delegate Darkesia decides to leave her posts she doesn't selects a Revolution member to be the next delegate, what then? You keep the activity and the innovation? Or you just mobilize people and coup? Cuz the answer to such theoretical scenario is the core of what you intend, in the end.

Now, people seems to get me wrong: I don't oppose the power stunt being performed here, at all. I think it is refreshing somehow, but also, that is based on a weak foundation of half-told truths, and that can so easily backfire that it concerns me. Hell, I'm even considering to become a "party member", but some truths need be told openly.

The Guardians have always declared game mechanics to be the ultimate authority and have used game mechanics as a way to maintain control of the region within a tight group of players that has basically lasted since the days of the Triumvirate. Members of the ruling group (now called Guardians) have come and gone, one fact remains. The players can form whatever group, any governing body, any movement they want, they can become Guardians, they can overthrow the Guardians, they can infiltrate and replace the Guardians. The Max has provided the method for such achievement and it remains for the players to decide. Eli, and speaking for the Guardians, we are open to all or any of those paths, or to paths yet to be formulated.

The players shall decide.