The Revolutionary Party of The West Pacific

Pestarzt

LEADERSHIP OF THE REVOLUTIONARY PARTY:

General-Secretary: Pestarzt the Traveller

Secretary of Communication: Ikania

Secretary of Media: Vacant

Secretary of Military Advancement: Llamas

Ad-Hoc Secretaries: Wickedly Evil People (Necessary Grouchiness)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8xZ3VZD.png

Announcement of The Revolutionary Party

Office of the General-Secretary

Fellow West Pacificans,

When WECA and the Opposition were formed, a third and less mainstream Party - COUP, or the Community of Order Under Pestarzt - was created by yours truly. It's goals both included and were limited to Pestarzt being in charge of everything. While I'd invite and welcome an opportunity for the delegacy, the Party was mostly a satirical compliment. It never had any members or serious goals. But it was the best party in TWP.

However, time has passed and it has become evident that a new wave of leadership is needed to carry on the torch of The West Pacific. Our Guardians will not be here forever, and cannot be expected to hold up the region forever. A next generation of Guardians and leaders alike need to stand and create what people think when they hear "The West Pacific" through their own creativity and work. Thus, it has become evidently necessary to call for a revolution. But a revolution is not necessarily a violent overthrow of the existing leadership - the revolution I envision is a revolution in thinking and West Pacifican behavior. The sudden overthrow of our cultural tendency towards complacency, and the nurishment of a new regional vanguard. I intend to be a lasting fixture in this region and invite anyone with a serious desire for fun - be it through the satisfaction of yielding power or the reward of labor, to join me.

Rather than through government posts or delegate-granted authority, the Revolutionary leadership will derive its influence from its activity and contributional value to the region. The Revolution is not oppositional to the Guardians nor to our rightful delegate, Darkesia. It supports our own security. The Revolution opposes only the state of the region and its future, and takes responsibility for its well-being and future, rather than deferring it or blame to anyone. That has never gotten anyone anywhere. Innovation, however, does.

Thus, I hereby announce the formation of the Revolutionary Party of The West Pacific.

The Revolutionary Party will organize its activities for the creation of The Revolutionary West Pacific into simply three categories:

• The West Pacific Commranger Corps ("The Revolution's Heart") - While it recycles an old name, the Commranger Corps only share a spiritual similarity of purpose with the Commrangers of old. Times change and thus so must missions. Party membership is equivalent to accepting the responsibilities of being a "Communication Ranger". Each member of the Party is its lifeline. Responsibilities of Commrangers shall include:
    • Posting on the Regional Message board, and having conversations with West Pacificans. Involvement in our community enhances it. Commrangers should model ideal RMB involvement. Respectful and individual. The TWP RMB is a cultural cornerstone, and we must enrich it.
    • Posting OOC discussions, jokes, entertaining things, and debates (ideally, one new topic every day) on the West Pacific forum. For fun.
    • Offering guidance to new players and encouraging forum registration and activity.
    • [Officer Level] Organizing and planning regional events and activities. Something should always be happening in TWP. Always. This may entail cooperation with the Interior Ministry of the Imperium.
    • [Officer Level] Working with the General Secretary to ensure that all organs of TWP's government are being supported. There should never, for instance, be a time when WA resolutions aren't being posted on the forum. If that were to happen, Commranger Officers would seek out someone to take up that responsibility, and would do it themselves until finding someone to.
    • [secretary Level] Creating guides for newcomers and crafting proposals for the Regional Assembly.
    • [secretary Level] Serving as the whip of the Party voting bloc.
  • The West Pacific Post ("The Revolution's Voice") - The West Pacific Post will be a quasi-official, volunteer-run service with a forthcoming sexy logo. TWPP will publish in the GP forum, on the RMB, and on the forum. Its purpose will be to broadcast the unique voice, perspective, and opinions of TWP to the world. With success, it will expand to the other GCR's forums and major UCR forums. Unlike traditional news services on NS, TWPP won't strive for tl;dr articles or to report on news that everyone already knows. Yes, that means no "X is Delegate of Osiris" articles. Everyone pays attention to those, and don't need articles on them. What under-the-radar communities or activities are unique and interesting on NS, however, are deprived of an attention they could easily bask in. TWPP will only pursue short pieces (2-3 paragraphs at most) about things that people will actually want to read. The essential task of TWPP's manager will be to find interesting things to share with others, rather than to spend tons of time writing. You don't need six paragraphs when you have two very interesting ones.
  • The West Pacific Armed Forces ("The Revolution's Fist") - Members of the Party will be encouraged to join The West Pacific Armed Forces, the official and existant military of the West Pacific Imperium. The current command structure will be respected, but we will use our numbers and extent of dedication to the military's success to promote an alignment that matches Party policy. Ideally, the active core of TWPAF will be from within our ranks. The Party shall favor a policy which calls for:
    • Defenses for Diplomacy - Defending regions that show promise as allies to TWP, or that could benefit us to be friendly with. This will be a diplomatic agenda in and of itself. A positive world image of TWP is desirable, as is a network of friends and contacts. Friends are always beneficial, and can even be recruited.
    • Invasions of Interest - Invading regions with ideals contrary to TWP's (e.g. Fascism) or that are enemies of TWP (e.g. imposters, regions that treat TWP with aggression). Enemies are always unhealthy.
    • Home Defense - Extinguishing the flame of marsupialism, in all forms. Marsupials are always evil.

The Party hopes that by pursuing these three simple things, we may create a more apparent observable identity for TWP and breed a new generation of West Pacifican leadership. Party members plan to be the decisionmakers, movers, and shakers in our region's future.

The Party itself, of course, has a leadership. There are vacancies right now and you may ask to fill one, and I'll approve you. The leadership is as follows:

The Revolution's Brain

General Secretary: Pestarzt the Traveller

Secretary of Communication (Commrangers): Ikania

Secretary of Media (The West Pacific Post Publisher):

Secretary of Military Advancement (Most Competent and Active Party Soldier, Strategist):

Advisors: Wickedly Evil People (Advisor on Grouchiness)

Party Leadership is not something you do on the side. If you are a Party Secretary, you're committing to TWP. The Revolution will cement its place in The West Pacific and if you are not giving a performance that'll make your name remembered, I'll replace you in a heartbeat. This will be the first place you come when you log on to NS and you will have a plan for what you intend to do for TWP during that login session.

If you make your job your most important NS priority and do it well, you can count on job security and, more importantly, a lasting place in a vibrant West Pacific.

Joining the Revolutionary Party - How To

Any nation with a nation in The West Pacific may join the Party. The steps for doing so are as follows:

1. Sign-in to the HGA - http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/226-hga-sign-in/?view=getnewpost

2. Post a statement of interest here ("I'd like to join."), along with a link to your main nation and your TWP nation (though we encourage that you strive to have both be the same the same).

3. Once approved, acknowledge your party membership in your signature and immediately have a talk with me or a secretrary about how you can participate.

All glory to the West Pacific!

Oh this is where TWP military is? I can always join as a mercenary/switcher/piler depending on my ever changing schedule!

The TWPAF is in its respective forum.

Nonetheless, I am pleased by your enthusiasm. I will add you to my list of contacts for future missions! Your help is most appreciated.

Good to hear.

The next phase of the revolution is to begin accumulating influence for Pestarzt. Pestarzt will begin making his way towards the endorsement cap and will stay there indefinitely after arriving. Pestarzt will continue to contribute to TWPAF through triggering and mission planning as needed.