[Draft] Chocolate-themed Issue

Terran Borealis

As I Mentioned on the RMB, I'm drafting an issue about chocolate. Please give you input. I'll be editing this first post to reflect the changes mentioned. Then we can vote later.

TAO Suggested GMO and Fair-Trade as a subject

Here is my second draft:

Title: @@NAME@@'s chocolate business too sweet?

Description: After a recent exposé by a major news network, citizens are in outrage over the shadier practices of @@NAME@@'s lucrative chocolate business.

Option 1: Anything but Fair-Trade Chocolate is illegal

Option 2: No GMO crops are allowed

Option 3: GMO fear is nonsense

Option 4: A infamous slave smuggler, Moses Tubman, appears in your office. "Many of my people have fallen to your capitalist greed. This chocolate industry must be stopped before anymore harm falls on @@NAME@@ now! Ban Chocolate! LET MY PEOPLE GO!" he shouts. "Several people might lose their jobs, and the economy will be hurt a small bit, but it is a small price to pay for freedom!". His shouts are only quieted after several members of your security detail tackles him.

Question #2: What do you think is wrong or right with this setup? Leave your answers in the comments, and please "follow" this topic!

It seems to me that there should be an other pro-chocolate option, theres 3 against chocolate choices, and 1 pro-chocolate. Plus you still have to elaborate a bit on option 1.

Actually, the way I see it is 3 pro-chocolate, 2 pro-regulation, 1 anti-regulation, and 1 anti-chocolate.

Don't be shy now :)  Here's a chance to strut your stuff by drafting out some humorous prose. Come on TB, you can do it!

Oh, don't worry. These are just topics. I will draft out each, and the banning one is going to be funny.

Option 4: Suddenly, Moses Tubman, a man known for smuggling slave out of @@NAME@@, appears in front of you. "My people have fallen to your capitalist greed. This industry must stop now! Ban Chocolate! LET MY PEOPLE GO!"

Moses Tubman? Okay then, my thoughts are that the options are a bit short.

For example, option 3 for issue 104, (Public Loudspeakers Shrill With Controversy)

""To be honest, I can't see why we should put up with advertising at all," says Mary McGuffin, an anti-business protester. "All it is is some multi-billionaire or politician somewhere trying to make even more money while the rest of us struggle to make ends meet. I say we ban it. Maybe the economy will suffer a little and some people may lose jobs but that's just a minor side-effect really, especially when you consider that no longer will our children be encouraged to fill themselves with junk-food because some guy on the telly tells them it's cool!""

You could also say for Option 4-"A infamous slave smuggler, Moses Tubman, who is prominent for smuggling slaves out of @@NAME@@ appears in your office. ""Many of my people have fallen to your capitalist greed. This chocolate industry must be stopped before anymore harm falls on @@NAME@@ now! Ban Chocolate! LET MY PEOPLE GO!" he shouts. "Several people might lose their jobs, and the economy will be hurt a small bit, but it is a small price to pay for freedom!". His shouts are only quieted after several members of your security detail tackles him.

You could also say for Option 4-"A infamous slave smuggler, Moses Tubman, who is prominent for smuggling slaves out of @@NAME@@ appears in your office. ""Many of my people have fallen to your capitalist greed. This chocolate industry must be stopped before anymore harm falls on @@NAME@@ now! Ban Chocolate! LET MY PEOPLE GO!" he shouts. "Several people might lose their jobs, and the economy will be hurt a small bit, but it is a small price to pay for freedom!". His shouts are only quieted after several members of your security detail tackles him.

FTFY

But yeah, this is good. I'll pop it in.

Thanks, i didn't notice I put that there twice.

Title: @@NAME@@'s chocolate business too sweet?

Description: After a recent exposé by a major news network, citizens are in outrage over the shadier practices of @@NAME@@'s lucrative chocolate business.

We should focus on other possible descriptions.

1.) We could leave it like it is

2.) We could have something similar to this, where a important newspaper writes an article on the illegal use of slaves in harvesting of cocoa beans in a neighboring nation for your nations chocolate industry. (this would make option 4 make a bit more sense)

Also, for option 4, a small thing,

A infamous slave smuggler, Moses Tubman, appears in your office. "Many of my people have fallen to your capitalist greed. This chocolate industry must be stopped before anymore harm falls on @@NAME@@ now! Ban Chocolate! LET MY PEOPLE GO!" he shouts. "The obesity problem will also be controlled, but several people might lose their jobs, and the economy will be hurt a small bit, but it is a small price to pay for freedom!". His shouts are only quieted after several members of your security detail tackles him.